Women in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Leadership
Who We Are
Women in STEM Leadership (WISL) is the premier organization for empowering women like you with the support, resources and tools needed for elevating your career and becoming an agent of change in the STEM industry. We are a network of like-minded women who are genuinely invested in helping you reach your potential.
Closing the gender gap in STEM.
Women in STEM Leadership (WISL) was founded with the aim of advancing women into leadership roles in the male dominated field of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) from the classroom to the boardroom. WISL meets its vision through a variety of programs such as leadership development, coaching, networking and mentoring opportunities for women at all levels of their careers.
Our Vision is to become the premier organization in the world, dedicated to helping women advance into leadership roles in STEM by providing a safe space for them to make critical connections with mentors who have been through that process and have navigated through obstacles faced by women on their career journey into decision-making positions.
WISL provides the platform for women in STEM leadership roles to come together, to uplift those aspiring to be leaders and in doing so, network and connect with their peers in STEM leadership in a safe and supportive environment.
We provide members with the guidance and tools needed to further their education and help them discover work opportunities in STEM after they have completed their studies.
We provide WISL members with the tools and information needed to strengthen their leadership skills in STEM.
- Annual Leadership Awards Banquet, which recognizes women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields and in academia for their outstanding leadership and accomplishments in the areas of thought leadership, entrepreneurship, and technology.
- WISL Connect quarterly networking and educational programs held on a variety of topics with a diverse array of speakers.
- Member networking luncheons are held at a variety of locations around the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- WISL women mentoring women which provides coaching and leadership development workshops to aspiring women in STEM leadership.
- WISL Career Center – our online job resource for registered members that provides access to Job Fairs, Job Postings, and a member’s only job bank to enable our members to obtain employees or find employment.